By Ben Newcomer, Recruiter, Acclivity Healthcare
Being a productive part of a team is key to a successful career. A key point in working well within a team is sharing. Sharing helps make your team productive. Most importantly, sharing leads to success. Think cooperative, not competitive. Employers are looking for people that can succeed and help others succeed in achieving their organization’s goals. Teamwork is the proven method of achieving overall success.
Being a productive part of a team is key to a successful career. A key point in working well within a team is sharing. Sharing helps make your team productive.
Let’s look at John Maxwell’s 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player – Becoming the kind of person every team wants.
- ADAPTABLE — If you won’t change for the team, the team may change you!
- COLLABORATIVE — Working together precedes winning together
- COMMITTED — There are no halfhearted champions
- COMMUNICATIVE — A team is many voices with a single heart
- COMPETENT — If you can’t, your team won’t!
- DEPENDABLE — Teams go to “go-to” players
- DISCIPLINED — Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
- ENLARGING — Adding value to teammates is invaluable
- ENTHUSIASTIC — Your heart is the source of energy
- INTENTIONAL — Make every action count
- MISSION CONSCIOUS— The BIG picture is coming in loud and clear
- PREPARED — Not just for boy scouts anymore!
- RELATIONAL — If you get along, others will go along!
- SELF-IMPROVING — To improve the team, improve yourself
- SELFLESS — There is NO one in team
- SOLUTION ORIENTED — Make a resolution to find a solution!
- TENACIOUS — Never, never, never quit!