We have all heard the old saying by Greek Philosopher Heraclitus, “The only thing constant is change.” Although profoundly simple, this idea is true in life and especially true in the healthcare business. The irony is that many of us desire change in our workplace, but we are often uncomfortable or downright scared when it occurs.
We have heard about the subject of workplace change from many of our readers recently, and so we wanted to provide a few quick tips below that should help all of us make the most out of change when it happens.
5 Tips to Make the Most of Change in the Workplace
1) Recognize Why Change is Important – We need to remember that all of us want to work for a company that is successful, stable, and growing.; In order for these to occur in business, companies must always stay ahead of the curve and adapt to the changing world quickly.
2) Stay Positive – Sometimes this is easier said than done, but a conscious effort must be made to focus on the good things and stay optimistic because being negative will not ever help you, your coworkers, or your company.
3) Be Flexible – Flexibility is a big virtue in business, especially these days when the pace of change is moving faster and faster.
4) Get Involved with the Change – You will quickly be viewed as part of the solution if your leadership and others see you jump in behind the change.; It will happen with or without you, so you might as well jump in and feel better about it along the way.
5) Increase Your Value – Changes bring all of us an opportunity to take a fresh look at our contributions to our company and consider the ways that we can make more of an impact.; Also, the more people that understand your value to the organization, the better off you will be.